For those of you with athletes returning next year, the summer workouts will begin on 6/22. Don’t forget to sign up for the XC Summer Training Summer School at mbxfoundation.org. If you have friends who have incoming freshmen, please tell them to sign up. PE credit is available if no more than 3 days are missed. If you know that your student will be missing more than 3 days, but still plans to work out with the team, you must still sign up for summer school in order to be covered by insurance. The athlete will receive an “audit” grade.
Tryouts for the Fall XC team will be on Tuesday, 7/28, tentatively at 5:00pm. Our first fundraiser, the Sand Run, will be on 8/1/15.
For those of you who anticipate attending the Mammoth Training Camp, the dates are Friday, 8/7 – 8/14/15. The registration form is available here.
Girls must meet the following requirements for invitation to the Mammoth Training Camp:
- Attend 85% of summer workouts including Saturdays
- Complete 2 long runs during the summer progression
Boys must meet the following requirements for invitation to the Mammoth Training Camp:
- Run sub 5 minute mile this year during track season.
- Participate in the summer cross country class
- Participate in the Saturday PV runs at least 80% of the time.
- Top 20 will be invited, if space is available, tryouts will take place during the summer.